The Tung Chung Fort site was a naval headquarters (Tung Chung Battalion) in the Qing Dynasty. The carved granite slab, above the entrance, gives 1832 as the Fort date.
From 1898, the Fort was a police station, then the Wa Ying College, the Rural Committee Office and finally the Public Primary School of Tung Chung.
Bus from Mui Wo or Tung Chung,
Get off at Ha Ling Pei Village (about 1km from Tung Chung).
Tung Chung Fort used to be on the coast.